What Is Blackboard
Blackboard is a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to content, materials and activities via the web.
Courses created in Blackboard can be populated with material from a variety of sources, with tools which enable the following.
- Organising and providing access to course materials
- Communication between tutors and students, between students and students.
- Collaborative working via wikis, blogs and discussion forums
- Online assessment with automatic marking facilities
- Online assessment for essay-based submissions via Turnitin
- Course administration via calendars and task lists
- Tracking students' online activities and coursework submissions